There is no sight more beautiful than a Colorado winter. But don’t just stick around Limon this season. Head out to one of these winter road trip destinations in Colorado to truly take in the season.
- Denver: Denver isn’t a far drive from Limon and has plenty to do year-round. If you like breathtaking views and tasty craft beer, Denver is the city for you.
- Ouray Ice Park: Have you tried your hand at ice-climbing? Ouray Ice Park is world-famous for it. After the strenuous workout, relax in one of Ouray’s hot-spring spas.
- Estes Park: Make Estes Park your destination to try out your snowshoes this winter. Snowshoeing is a cool way to explore the wintry outdoors, and if you don’t have some of your own, you can rent a pair in town. Make reservations in advanced to stay at the infamous Stanley Hotel, which was Steven King’s inspiration for “The Shining.”
- Crested Butte: Are you a fan of skiing? The best place in Colorado to try your hand— or feet — at skiing is in Crested Butte. Afterward, enjoy delicious food from the nearby restaurants.
- Telluride: Stay in the mountain resort in Telluride for a truly remote Colorado experience. Be prepared though: this former Victorian mining town is a seven-hour drive from Limon.
If you’d like prepare your vehicle for a winter road trip, bring it to Transwest CDJR for seasonal maintenance.