There’s nothing like tailgating before a big sporting event, whether it’s your high school’s homecoming game or your favorite pro team. Here are some tailgating tips to make sure you have the best experience possible on the big day.
- Be prepared. Prepare as much as you possibly can before you leave for the game to make sure that you’re not forgetting everything. Make lists and check them twice, and you’ll be able to enjoy yourself that much more when you arrive.
- Turn one of your coolers into a warming oven. If you’ve already cooked some items and don’t feel like re-heating them when you arrive at your destination, then use bricks, wet towels, aluminum foil, and a bit of heat from your oven beforehand to turn your cooler into a warming oven.
- Don’t forget the tunes. Creating an exciting atmosphere is difficult unless you have some top-notch music. Pump up the volume with portable speakers to prepare yourself for the big game.
- Bring a large plastic tub for dirty dishes. Even if you’re using disposable plates and utensils, it’s likely you will still have some dirty dishes to clean up after the game is over. Bring a large plastic tub specifically to put dirty dishes into so you don’t have to worry about getting everything else in your car messy.
- Remember to show your pride. You want to celebrate your home team, right? Make sure you’re loud and proud about who you’re supporting in the big game, whether you’re at your son’s high school match or a professional stadium. Streamers, banners, and more are great ways to do just that – and easy to clean up!
Of course, if you would like a new vehicle to tailgate with, then make sure to come to Transwest CDJR before you get too far into tailgating season. We will be happy to help you choose the perfect vehicle for you.